Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Two week check-up

Two weeks ago, today, I said I would start a relationship with Curling Boy, and check in after two weeks to see how things are going, and how I feel about being my true self around him.

Well, after two weeks, I'm actually quite happy. I've really challenged myself to say the things I'd normally say in a circumstance - not hold my tongue or edit my thoughts. The more I be myself, the easier it becomes. And Curling Boy hasn't run away screaming, yet, so that's a good sign.

Reading through my blog with some girlfriends over the weekend, I noticed I hadn't written an update on Marysville Man. Pft. Well, the jerk fell off the face of the planet.

I was speaking with Siren, and I was lamenting how hot he is, and she said something great: "Hot guys tend to be more drama". Wow, does that seem true.

Another funny update - on my OkCupid account, I've noticed that I keep getting 'matched' with The Father. And oh man, his new profile pic - it's a close-up of his eye. With eyeliner on.

The evil laughter that this erupts from me is beautiful. Maleficent would be proud!

So, you may be asking, "Hey, Seattleite, have you disabled or canceled your OkCupid and Match.com accounts?". The short answer is no. Here's why-

Partially, I'm cynical, and I kinda feel like things aren't going to last with Curling Boy. It's not that I don't want them to, but the last couple of guys I met online all turned out to just sail right past my "no-no line" (like that, Starfish?), and do things that are on my 'do this and we're done' list.

Ok, the other part for not canceling my accounts. Well, golly, I'm gunna have to be extreemly honest here. Deep breath. Ok.

It's cuz not only is having guys hit on me good for my self esteem, it, well, it makes me feel more wanted and desirable. Yep. Self esteem is a bitch.

And the old farts! Hahaha! Ok, so I told Alaska that I was in a relationship, and he's pulled his mad hitting on me back a bit. I was chatting with Starfish about it, and she bust up laughing, telling me how Alaska hits on her too, and started to list things he would say to her - wow, the *exact* same things he says to me.

Ok, advice to the men of the world. You may think you have a line or a phrase that works. Fine. Go for it. But when you use the line or courting verbiage to two girls, that are friends, and treat it like you're seriously trying to start a relationship you're setting yourself up for a major burn.

Ahh, but maybe that's why he's still single.

So today is Valentine's Day. Big, imposing, messy day of expectations for people in relationships. Men are expected to romance and give gifts. Women are expected to wear slutty lingerie, and thus hot sex occuring. Very intimidating for a girl in a new relationship - hell, anyone in a new relationship. Especially when expectations are unknown, and you're still trying to figure out what your partner likes (in sooo many ways).

During our date on Sunday (the 12th), Curling Boy and I had our first serious make-out session.

And today on FaceBook he posted an article about how "scientists" see sex. And he states that the female orgasm is an incentive for sex.

OH MAN! My burning face. Yeah, we haven't progressed far in our physical relationship, and I'm now wondering if he's expecting sex tonight. I'm certainly not. Nor do I think I'm ready for it. Maybe some makin' out, get to second base, maybe third. We'll see. :D

I kinda see our first time together as a weekend thing - where neither of us are thinking about work the next day, and what time we need to get to bed, I mean sleep, to be functional the next day. And going to a guy's house, having sex for the first time, then getting kicked out cuz it's a work night - yeah, SO not my bag, baby.

So we'll see how tonight goes. I'll be sure to check in tomorrow and let you know.

But to everyone else, either in a relationship or not, happy Valentine's Day. May your partner, battery-operated or otherwise, give you some good incentives tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Valentine's Day is assessment day. How are you doing in the give and take in a relationship. Until today I didn't have a Valentine. Sprite is the gift unlooked for, let me tell you! FYI, my favorite Valentines before this? When I was on a plane to Australia. Left LAX on 2/13 and arrived in Sydney on 2/15. That 2/14 just didn't exist. I don't know why Qantas doesn't use that as a sales promo...

    ReplyDelete