Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yes, I know, I'm blushing

Well, more time has passed in relationship land with Curling Boy, and, oh my gosh, I really like him. It's getting annoying, but yes, I'm smitten. Stop laughing, Boudica! Yes, I know, I'm blushing like crazy.

So here's what's been going on in date-world:

Over the weekend I moved from a Seattle suburb to Seattle proper (first time in a big city!). Curling Boy helped me move on Sunday, and then we saw a movie, hung out at his place (cuddles on his bed? yes please!). And no, it stayed G-rated. His brother and good friend came over, and we all sat around watching tv, joking around, having a good time. I think I passed the "does she mesh well with my friends" test with flying colors (thank god for baklava). No, but really, we had a great time.

It was getting late (10:40-ish) and I was exhausted. So, sitting next to Curling Boy on the couch, I curled up against him and closed my eyes as the guys kinda just chatted, things generally winding down. I, woops, "fell asleep". :D

So around 11 the brother and friend left, and I was just curled up against Curling Boy. He put his arm around me, kissed the top of my head (uh!), and just held me for like twenty minutes!! Oh my!

By this point, I'm beyond tired, and need some sleep. I "wake up", snuggled in his arms, and did a "oh, look at the time, I need to get home and go to sleep". His response?

"You can stay here, if you'd like."

Oh my god!!! (Finally!) Yes, yes, I *would* like.

And things got a little... not G-rated.

In the morning, he made me breakfast (a really good one, actually), and off I went to keep moving.

Last night, he asked me if I wanted to join him and another of his friends (Fraggle Rock) at the AFK tavern for dinner. A chance to see my boyfriend for our first post-coitis interaction. Uh, yes.

So I drive to his place, we go pick up Fraggle Rock, and off to dinner. The boys, bless their hearts, sit next to each other. Not exactly what I was hoping for. Kinda....made me feel akward. And in desperate need of validation.

But we talked, ate, laughed, etc. for, like, two hours! So much fun. Fraggle Rock gave me such a sweet, earnest "I had a lot of fun talking with you" when we dropped him off. It was really touching. And made me so proud that Curling Boy had a friend-approved girlfriend.

At this point, it's crazy late. I need to get home and get to sleep, and Curling Boy is a bit militaristic about his bed time on work nights. So we're in the parking lot of his apartment complex, "saying" goodbye. And I just keep kissing him. So wonderful. Nice little bit of validation there.

I got home, and immediately closed my online dating profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment