Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hope Springs Eternal

This weekend was one of surprising...well, good things! Saturday, Curling Boy took me out to lunch at a Thai restaurant. Afterwords, he wanted to take me for a walk through a park. The snow was very slushy, and the ground incredibly soggy. The woods reminded me so much of where I grew up, and I shared some wonderful childhood memories of the place. He held my hand, was sweet, and said he was sorry for the slush, but he thought it originally was a romantic idea.

Wow - he used the 'r' word.

He then invited me back to his place for a while.

Calm down, ladies. I'd been to his place a couple times before (actually, I do think that it was twice before). He sat on his couch, and I curled up next to him, lying down, with my head kinda against his lap. I put his arm around me, and we held hand. Our other hands occasionally held each other, sometimes I just left my hand on his knee.

I know, really exciting for a high-schooler, huh? (Hahaha).

After two episodes, he took me home, and I gave him a silly lollypop as a gift. He walked me to my door and then...wait for it......ready?....He slipped me some tongue! I know, right?! It was a quick little "woop!" during our usually boring pecking.

I'm still all a-twitter (snort).

I messaged him that I had a really good time, and that I really liked our goodbye kiss. He messaged back, "I really enjoyed that kiss too ;) ".

Ooooo, a wink!!! I'm all a-flutter now!

Saturday i was also feeling ballsy, and I texted Marysville Man. Ahhh! What was a thinking?! So I texted him (stop rolling your eyes at me): "Ok, I'm feeling ballsy, so I'm just going to say it. I'm attracted and intreaged by you. I had a great time with you last week, and I'd like to see you Sunday".

Aaaand time went by. I really wanted to killed myself, I was feeling so vulnerable.

He finally got back to me today (Sunday) at 4:12 in the afternoon. Shut up, it was via text and I have a record of it.

He replied: "I appreciate you being forward and I think you're pretty cool but I haven't been in a good place this last week. I've seen that I've got things in my life I need to work on. Sorry if I 'm over sharing."

Was anybody else as frustrated by his poor punctuation?

And OMG he finally responded. I was feeling like this was kinda a blow-off. My response: "No, you aren't, and I appreciate you at least contacting me back. I know right were you're at and it sucks so bad, and I'm so sorry."

Shut up, I suck at grammer.

His response: "It's ok, I appreciate that you understand".

Me: " Are you interested, at least, in seeing me again?".

Him: "Yeah, I'd like to hang out again sometime".

So...maybe I can see him again. Maybe. I hope. Maybe...... I hope...

I haven't responded to him yet. How should I respond? Should I suggest something? No, not feeling that one. Maybe I'll just say to him that he should tell me when he wants to do something. No, not feeling that either. Aaahh, bleh! How do I respond???

I'm confused, but feeling better about things. Let's see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Leave it in his court, I say. Tell him to contact you when he's ready. Female translation of that would, of course, be: "When you get your shit together and find your balls..." Just my thoughts. Maybe there's hope in Curling Boy after all.

    ReplyDelete